Assistance for configuring the failsafe settings for the drone in emergency situations.
FlytBase offers a number of failsafe mechanisms to aid in safe and controlled emergency landings in events where vehicle control is lost.
- Once the drone has been added and is online on the dashboard, click on Settings from the right corner of the screen.
- In Settings, select a drone from the drop-down box at the top left corner. Now, click on Failsafe to view and configure failsafe settings.
Failsafe settings for the selected drone
This table is an outline of the available failsafe events and their behaviors. Users can set the failsafe actions and trigger values (time/percentage) as per their flight environments.
This table outlines the available failsafe actions and their behaviors. Users can set the failsafe actions as per their flight environments.
When Low Battery Failsafe has already been triggered and takeoff is given, the vehicle will take off to the set take-off altitude (1.2m for DJI drones) and land immediately.
When Critical Battery Failsafe has already been triggered and take-off is given, the vehicle will not take off.
- The vehicle will continue with the set Failsafe action even after the connection is regained.
- If the FlytBase Link Loss trigger value is set for less than 10 seconds, then FlytBase Link Loss Failsafe will get triggered even if there is no loss in connection.
- For FlytBase SBC - The failsafe will get triggered when the drone loses RC connection till the set trigger value.
- For FlytBase Mobile - RC Link Loss Failsafe trigger value can’t be set and failsafe will get triggered immediately or after 4 to 7 seconds when the vehicle loses RC connection.
- All the limitations/conditions that apply to the RTH for that particular drone model do apply to the drone during RTH/RTSL/RTDS as well.
- For DJI Mavic 2 series drones (including the enterprise series) the behaviour is as described in the DJI manual. FlytBase enables the RTH at current altitude option in DJI settings.
- The drone will travel at the current altitude to the home (safe) location if the distance between the drone and the home (safe) location is more than 5m and less than 20m.
- The drone will land at the current location if the drone is less than 20m away from the home (safe) location.
- The drone will achieve the RTH altitude if the current location is more than 20m and the current altitude is below the RTH altitude level.
- The drone will proceed to the home (safe) location if the current location is more than 20m and the altitude is higher than the RTH altitude level.
- The drone may gain altitude if the drone senses any obstacles during RTH. Please read the DJI product manual for detailed information.
The drone will descend from its current altitude will attain the altitude set in the Precision Landing Timeout settings and will proceed to the Preset Land Location.
Failsafe Actions can be aborted by clicking Abort
after the connection is regained for Drone LTE link loss, RC link loss & FlytBase link loss.