Comment on page
Cloud Media Sync
FlytBase allows for seamless synchronization of drone media to personal cloud storage, ensuring operator privacy and convenience.
FlytBase allows the operator to integrate their own private cloud storage for archiving drone videos and images. FlytBase does not maintain any copies of the user's drone videos to ensure privacy. To save and replay videos and images the operator has to set up either an AWS S3 bucket or a Microsoft Azure Blob.
AWS S3 Setup
Microsoft Azure Blob Setup
- Go to the Bucket Tab in the Amazon S3 console. Click on Create Bucket to create a bucket in the preferred region.
Amazon S3 Console
- Enable the ACLs and select the object ownership to Bucket owner preferred.
Name the Bucket, select AWS region and configure Object Ownership
- Next, ensure that block all public access is set to OFF.
Turn off block all public access
- Ensure that Bucket Versioning is Disabled.
Configure Bucket Versioning
- Configure the Default Encryption. Set the Encryption type to Server-side encryption with Amazon S3 managed keys (SSE-S3) and Bucket Key to Enable.
Configure Encryption and Bucket Key
- Now click on Create bucket.
Once the organizer has successfully created the bucket, go to Bucket Name> Properties > Enable Transfer acceleration.
Enable transfer acceleration
- Now go to Bucket Name > Permissions > Bucket Policy. Paste the following JSON and replace the Bucket_Name with the actual name of the bucket.
Update the Bucket Policy
- Finally, proceed to Bucket Name > Permissions > CORS Configuration. Paste the following array to update the CORS configuration.
Updating the CORS configuration
- All access to Azure Storage takes place through a storage account. You can hover over the Storage accounts under Azure Services as shown in the image below. In the dialogue that appears, click on Create.
- You can configure the basic options like resource group, account name and location.
- For the account kind, please select BlobStorage as shown below.
- You can resort to the default configuration for the next steps. Finally, review the account and click on the Create button (in the bottom left corner) as shown.
- On the successful deployment of your storage account, you will be able to see the following page.
- Click on Deployment Details to expand it. Click on your storage account name link under the Resource heading.
- Details of your storage account will be displayed as shown below.
Microsoft Azure Blob Setup
- To store all the videos and images that will be recorded on FlytBase, you have to create a new container. Click on the Containers card.
- On the page you are redirected to, click on the + Container tab to add a new container.
- Give your container a name and click on Create.
Successful creation of container
- Go to the corresponding storage account you wish to use. If you are already there, continue with the next step.
- In the side navigation, click on Access Keys under Settings. The following page will open up. Please make note of the corresponding Key and Connection String listed below either key1 or key2 on this page.
Retrieving the Key & Connection String
The archived data can be stored, organized, and shared across various stakeholders directly from the FlytBase Dashboard to increase operational efficiency and situational awareness. The operator can upload high-resolution images/videos captured in the drone's SD card to a pre-configured AWS S3 (Private cloud storage).
Supported file formats for Cloud Media Sync are:
- Images: JPEG, RAW, JPEG+RAW
- Videos: MP4/MOV (H.264 Video Encoding)
Using Cloud Media Sync operators have the ability to upload, view, play, and download high-resolution archived media directly from their drones. This feature provides an efficient way for operators to manage and share drone data captured during flights with their organization and other stakeholders. Users can search for media by categories such as all media, videos, and images, by the drone's vehicle ID, making it easier to find and organize specific data.
- Navigate to the navigation drawer and under the Logssection select Gallery.
Navigation Drawer: Gallery
- To view the contents of the drone's SD card, simply click on the Cloud Syncicon. This action will initiate the Cloud backup, and the operator will be able to access the backed-up data.
Cloud Synchronization button
- To back up the data, click on the Back up now button
To initiate the Cloud Media Sync the registered drone must be online in the FlytBase Dashboard
Back up Drone Media
- A Create new folder dialogue box will pop up to create a folder for storing the backup media of the drone.
Creating a new folder in cloud for storing the media
- Cloud Media Sync Progress Bar Parameters: The FlytBase Dashboard displays a progress bar displaying the download and upload speeds.
- Downloading to Edge Device: This progress bar displays the estimated time to download the SD card contents to the Edge Device ( Android Smartphone/Android Tablet/ Odroid N2+). The download speed depends on:
- Strength of the RF connection between the drone and its remote controller.
- The distance between the drone and its remote controller.
- Electromagnetic Interference between the drone and its remote controller.
- Uploading to Cloud: This progress bar displays the estimated time to upload the SD card contents from the Edge Device ( Android Smartphone/Android Smartphone/ Odroid N2+) to the Cloud. The upload speed depends on the internet connection on the Edge Device (Android Smartphone/Android Tablet/ Odroid N2+)
If the drone goes offline and then comes back online during the Cloud Sync, the Cloud Sync is resumed. A few archived images/videos, however, may not be uploaded. In this scenario, the operator will need to restart the backup.
Cloud Media Sync Progress Bar
- Once the media has been successfully uploaded to the cloud, the operator can view and manage their data.
- The operator also has the flexibility to erase and format their SD card once the Cloud Sync is successful
Cloud Sync Successful
- To manage the SD card contents, the operator can also click on Manage Storage in the Cloud Sync dialogue box to view the available storage space, space occupied by Videos, Photos, and other data on their SD card, and format the SD card if required.