No Fly Zones (NFZ)
The operator has the ability to create customized No-Fly Zones within the FlytBase web dashboard for restricting the drone from intruding.
No Fly Zones (NFZ) are predefined geographic areas where drone operations are prohibited or restricted due to safety, security, or privacy concerns. Setting up these NFZs before planning a mission to comply with those restrictions to avoid consequences. FlytBase allows operators to define custom No Fly Zones on the web dashboard, providing an additional layer of safety and compliance for drone operations.
There are two ways to set up the NFZ on the FlytBase dashboard:
- 1.Creating a custom NFZ.
- 2.Importing a KML/KMZ file as NFZ.
- Navigate to the navigation drawer under the Zones tab and select the No Fly Zones to create an NFZ.
Navigation Drawer: No Fly Zone
- Now, click on Create NFZ to set the Custom NFZ and type in the name with which the operator would like to identify the created No Fly Zone.
- To set the NFZ, right-click on the map to mark the NFZ areas.
Set NFZ Area
- Once the area has been marked, drag the NFZ area with the help of a cursor to move the NFZ.
- The operator can edit the shape of the NFZ by dragging the control points shown at the vertices and on each segment.
- Once the NFZ area is set per the requirements, click Add to List at the bottom of the dashboard to name the NFZ sub-area.
Marked NFZ area on map and add to list
- To confirm the NFZ area name the zone and click on Confirm.
- To add more sub-areas to the NFZ, click on the map to drop the NFZ area and click on Add to List.
- Once done, click on Create option to be able to see all NFZ areas on the FlytBase Dashboard.
Creating NFZ areas
- The NFZ is created successfully, the zones can be toggled between enabled and disabled according to preferences.
- To view the sub-areas of the NFZ, click on the drop-down arrow below the enable/disable toggle.
Viewing NFZ sub-areas
- The operator also has the option of editing or deleting the NFZ from the FlytBase Dashboard. To do this, click on the three dots as shown below.
Deleting/Editing Custom NFZ
- Before executing the mission, the operator will be able to view the created NFZ along with the mission path in the Drone tab.
NFZ visible on FlytBase dashboard
- Go to the Zones tab in the FlytBase dashboard, and click on create NFZ.
- Now, click on the Import KML/KMZ button and upload the required file.
Importing KML file
- Once the operator has uploaded the file, add the name for the NFZ. The NFZ areas will be visible in the Area List.
- Now click on create to set the custom NFZ.
NFZ KML files
No Fly Zones (NFZ) in FlytBase provide an additional layer of safety and security for drone operations by restricting the drone's flight in certain areas. With the ability to define custom NFZs, operators can ensure that their drone stays outside designated zones.
If you do not have this feature on your dashboard, that means it is not in your current package, please feel free to contact [email protected] if you find this feature useful and would like to add it.